Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009 Books

You can never go wrong buying books for a book-lover. Here's my haul from 2009:

Gravity's Rainbow (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition) by Thomas Pynchon OK, I just finished The Name of the Rose and now I get another book that requires a guide to understand (My review of Name of the Rose). Here's a free guide to GR



And not only that, I also received Pynchon's newest book, Inherent Vice.


More:


The Big Burn: Teddy Roosevelt and the Fire that Saved America by Timothy Egan  This is Egan's followup to his award-winning Worst Hard Time.


Two books from the historical detective series featuring Hanno Stiffeniis the early 18th century Prussian magistrate. The series features Immanuel Kant as the behind-the-scenes mover. OK, so now I need to read Kant too.


 
And books I gave:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment